Do you wish to adopt a leadership and management role in the healthcare sector? This Master's degree will provide you with the expertise required to do so. It builds on the Bachelor's degree in healthcare and nursing with the elective subject of management. You can gain in-depth knowledge, explore new areas of economic science and psychology and - last but not least - further your personal development. The degree programme also opens up the opportunity of studying for a doctorate later on.
Quick facts about the course
• You will obtain the academic Master of Arts degree (M.A.).
• This is a modular course.
• The lessons are usually offered during lecture times from Wednesday to Friday and occasionally on Saturdays, or as a block.
• The standard course length is four semesters.
• A total of 120 credit points are earned through the course.
• We do not require you to pay tuition fees. As with any university, you only pay a semester fee for your semester ticket and other services. This fee currently stands at 320 euros. You may receive a refund for part of the fee under certain conditions.
• The course is offered annually, commencing in the summer semester.
What awaits you
The degree will provide you with a broad, detailed and critical understanding of your subject area at the cutting edge of research. You will also learn to integrate your expertise, tackle complexities and independently acquire new knowledge and skills.The economic focal points of the course include business management, project organisation and management, finance and management of healthcare companies, as well as economic aspects of health policy/health economics. Psychological focuses are differential developmental psychology, communication sciences and networked leadership approaches. Furthermore, you will also learn more about ethical, social science, legal and health science aspects. To enhance the practical relevance, an internship is an element of the degree course after the second semester.
What you should bring with you
You should know beforehand: We are a cosmopolitan university and we welcome people of all religions as well as those of no religious denomination. Vital is that you share our humanistic values. To qualify for this degree programme, you should also satisfy a number of formal requirements:
• You have successfully completed the Bachelor's degree in Healthcare and Nursing with the elective topic of Management at our university, or you have gained a comparable degree.
• You have also completed training in nursing, physiotherapy or speech therapy.