Application with a university entrance qualification obtained abroad
In the case of a degree obtained abroad, it is necessary to determine the extent to which this meets with the admissions requirements for a Master's degree at the Catholic University of Applied Sciences Mainz (CUAS Mainz). If you have acquired it abroad, you must first check to what extent it is equivalent to the German higher education entrance qualification. With the help of the DAAD admissions database, you can check in advance whether you meet the requirements for your desired course of study in Germany.
Procedure for applicants with proof of foreign education:
All persons who have acquired their higher education entrance qualification neither in Germany nor at a school with German Abitur examination regulations (e.g.: A-Levels, High School Diploma, Baccalaureat etc.) must submit a preliminary examination documentation from uni-assist (https://www.uni-assist.de/vpd-verfahren.html) together with their application.
If your university entrance qualification is recognised as being equal to the German qualification and you have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of German (B2), you will be accepted into the study place award process.
Who does this rule not apply to?
• Students from partner universities, who wish to study at the CUAS Mainz within the framework of an exchange programme.
• Students who have passed an assessment test at a preparatory college and obtained recognition of their foreign education certificates with an identified average grade.
• Course applicants who have already submitted German recognition of their foreign education certificates with an identified average grade.
General admission requirements and application deadlines of the faculties
• Bachelor of Arts - Social Work ans Social Sciences
• Bachelor of Science - Healthcare and Nursing
For questions relating to the Bachelor's degree in Practical Theology, please contact the dean for the faculty of "Practical Theology".
For further information, please send an email to bewerbung[at]kh-mz(dot)de